Back to search results
Job no: 486226
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Facility For Rare Isotope Beams
Nat'l Superconducting Cyclotron Lab 10049216
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Tenure System Faculty, Research/Scientific
Major Position Responsibilities
- Operate fragment separators, beam lines and experimental devices
- Deliver beams required for facility development and science experiments
- Develop methods to reduce the time and effort necessary to deliver rare isotope beams
- Perform research and development projects to enhance the performance of the facility
- Ph.D in physics or chemistry in the area of nuclear, particle, or high energy experimental physics.
- Five years of experience with particle and radiation detectors, nuclear physics electronics, and data acquisition systems.
- Ability to work with export controlled items
- Record of accomplishment in field of expertise
- Self-motivated and able to work well within a team.
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Experience with ion optics, fragment separators, magnetic spectrometers, and larger detector setups in experimental devices is desired.
Required Application Materials
Please attach cover letter and resume.
Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2018, and continue until the position has been filled.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend